Friday 25 November 2011

Shawn's Story from Occupy Edmonton

My name is Shawn. I am the beardish one in the picture. The cute one is my daughter, Grace.

I am a pastor of a neighbourhood church in Edmonton, Alberta.

I have been part of the Occupy community since it began. In the last forty-two days I have cooked and eaten with campers, helped clean up the camp, joined several General Assemblies and workshops, and done my best to be an encouraging presence however I am able amongst these people that I love.

I have also stayed at the camp with members of my church, who have also come to love the community here.

I believe that God wants this world to be a more just and peaceful place. I believe that the seeds and sprouts of the kingdom of heaven are growing all over this world. I believe that Jesus is creating a new world through his people. I preach this every Sunday, but what I believe is seen more truly in what I do than what I claim.

I want to cooperate with and lend my voice to any people or person with the passion and desire to leave this world more beautiful than they entered it. I pray for Occupy Edmonton.

+

Please pray for Shawn.

Please pray for Occupy Edmonton.

No comments:

Post a Comment