Friday 25 November 2011

Jennifer's Story from the Occupy Movement


My name is Jennifer Roach. I work as a legal assistant in downtown Edmonton.

I am not actually a camper here; however I am a supporter of the movement. I am on the communications workgroup with Occupy Edmonton and come to the camp on my lunch and breaks at work since I work near the camp. I like to talk to the people there and share ideas about the changes we can make to build a better world.

I would like to see a world where the people are more involved in the everyday decisions that affect them, and one whose political representatives make decisions based only on the common good, not on how it will help fund them next election.

I would like to see a world that has a higher standard of living percentage, whereby it increases at a higher rate than the cost of living.

I would like to see a world that cares more for the people and the earth itself.

I believe in a viable, wholesome world for our next generation to live in. It is up to us to protect their future because if we don’t, who will?

+

Please pray for Jennifer. Please pray for Occupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment